Just a reminder to our volunteers, we are going to have another wildly successful bike build tonight.
Tonight, the shop will be open only to our volunteers, we are going to keep building up our fleet of refurbished bikes to sell in the spring. We have lots of bike stands available, and there will be people to help you if you haven’t done much repair before…and don’t be shy about skill levels, your two hands-on are two more hands for the Sauce!
If youre not sure you can put a bike together yourself, come in and learn. We had a few people come in last time and learn cabling, which is something you can learn in an hour and needs to be done to practically every bike we refurbish.
see you there!
Another Sauce Weekly! Oh my!!! There’s so much going on in the next few days…
1. Bike Building Blitz!: Wed. Jan. 19, 6pm
2. City Budget Public Consultations: Wed. Jan. 19, 6pm
3. East End Bike Social: Wed. Jan. 19, 6-10pm
4. College Street Rush Hour Sharrow Public Meeting: Thurs. Jan. 20, 6pm
5. Old Raleigh Fork Locks: Order Your Key Today!
6. Montreal DIY Bike Calendars: Buy Your 2011 Calendar at Sauce!
7. 2010 Bicycle Count Report and Raw Data Release
8. Update: Response to Bikesauce from the Ministry of Environment, re: Leslie Street
9. Save the Date! Complete Streets Forum: April 28-29 2011
10. Winter Riding Tips
we just received our 2011 bike mechanic calendars and they must be seen to be beleived!
The DIY bicycle mechanic calendar features hot volunteer mechanics from Montreal bike coops, notably, The Flat and Right to Move/La voie libre. All the money raised goes toward these bike coops, and other start-up bicycle-related projects on the Island of Montreal.
so support DIY in montreal and toronto and come get your 2011 calendar at bikeSauce for only $15!