Looking for something amazing to do this weekend? On Friday August 5, come out to Bike Rave 2016!
Bike Rave is a D.I.Y. event that combines lights with synced music while riding through the streets of Toronto from dance destination to dance destination.
Here is the premise
Everyone covers their bike with lights, glow sticks, streamers, colour, fuzz etc. and meets at the first meeting location. We will make a playlist, which will be available for download a week before the event. At the meeting location, everyone with a sound system will press play at the same time, and then we ride critical mass style through the city.
Download from here (NOTE: DO NOT STREAM)
We’re starting in the East end this year! You complained! We listened!
- Start- Underpass Skate Park (located under the bridge south of King St. E., access off St. Lawrence St.)
- Stop 1: Allan Gardens
- Stop 2: Queen’s Park
- Stop 3: Art Eggleton Park (directly across from Bickford Park, but on the South Side)
- Final Stop: Trinity Bellwoods, closer to the South Gates
We will be stopping to dance at several stops along the route. Follow Bike Rave on Twitter for live tweets of our location on the day of:
Post your social whatever with these handles and whatnot
Some Bike Raving tips from the pros
- Ride safe!! Be conscious of drivers and other riders. Give other bike ravers lots of room on the roads and bike paths
- Stay with the group. Bike Rave is not a race- if you are too far ahead and we make a turn we will not be sending out a search party
- Make sure you have lights and a bell and all that legal jazz
- Don’t be an asshole on the road. If you find yourself in a confrontation with a driver or police officer, be friendly and smile. Bike ravers are lovers, not fighters
- LEAVE NO TRACE. We want this year to be as clean as can be! Throw out your trash or bring it with you to a place where you can
- Standard disclaimer: Please note that Bike Rave does not condone the use of illicit substances and/or alcohol while riding a bike
Things to bring
- Lights, soundsystem, party attitude
- Spare tubes and patch kit in case of flats
- Lots of water
- All your friends